Looking for recipes that are easy on your wallet and waistline? Each week, our nutritionists create a new simple, fresh and affordable recipe with health in mind.
Basil Garlic Turkey Burger
|Makes 4 servings, 8 oz. each • Prep time: 10 minutes • Cook time: 10 minutes • Ready in: 20 minutes
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsps. chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast, 93% lean
- 4 slices Fontina cheese, 1 oz. each
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sandwich rolls
- Fresh arugula
- Coat grill with cooking spray. Preheat to medium.
- Combine egg, breadcrumbs and ¼ cup of the basil. Add turkey, mix well, form into 4 patties.
- Grill, covered, 5 minutes per side. During last 2 minutes, top with cheese; grill just until melted.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, oil, and remaining basil; set aside.
- Grill rolls until lightly toasted. Place burgers in rolls, top with tomato mixture and arugula, and serve.
Nutrition information per serving: 365 calories, 8g fat, 2g saturated fat, 110mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 37g protein