Don’t flush, dump or toss! Flushing or throwing unwanted medication in the trash puts the health of our environment and water supply at risk.
There’s an easier, safer way. Just bring your unwanted medication to our Drug Takeback event, and we’ll take it from there.
- Prescription, over-the-counter and veterinary medications will be accepted.
- Personal information should be crossed out or otherwise removed from the bottles or packages.
- No sharps, syringes, needles or thermometers.
- No refunds. Medications will not be resold or used.
- No businesses.
Protect yourself and the environment
- Do not flush unwanted or leftover medications down the drain. Contact your municipal waste provider, pharmacy or local police department to check for disposal events in your area.
- Never give your unwanted medicine to someone else or take a prescription that was not prescribed for you.
- Having unwanted medications around the home presents a danger to children, guests and pets that could accidentally ingest them. Now is the time to get rid of them.
This program is being conducted in partnership with the Drug Enforcement Administration and local police departments.